Building an Environment Fit for the Future: How can the UK support global efforts to reduce plastic waste?
To mark the anniversary of the Plastics Pact and DEFRA’s packaging and recycling proposals, this breakfast on the 21st May 2019, will bring together businesses, politicians and NGOs to discuss the current UK policy landscape; progress to date and how the UK can support broader global efforts to reduce plastic waste as outlined in UN Sustainable Development Goal 12.
This event is part of CFID’s new Business Network. The network seeks to promote dialogue between the private and public sector as CFID continues to act as a forum through which supporters of international development can come together, share ideas and act together to promote effective international development.
Main speakers include:
- Jeremy Lefroy MP Chair of CFID
- Vicky Ford MP, PPS FCO and Lead the Giving up Plastic for Lent Campaign
- Baroness Anne Jenkin, Founder CFID and Trustee of WRAP
- Sarah Heald, Director of Corporate Affairs and Investor Relations, Pennon Group
Other contributors include:
- Caroline Squire, Director CFID
- Will Heald, Chair, CFID Business Network
- Sam Richards, Director, Conservative Environment Network
- Tim Ingram, Tearfund
- Gareth Wallace, World Vision
To find out how you can join CFID's Business Network please email Caroline on email@example.com.
Breakfast refreshments will be served.